Sunday, September 24, 2006

Canning Time!




The past week has been jammed w/picking apples,peeling,chunking them along w/all the other ingredients for my DIL and I to make our annual batches of Chutney. This is the only time of year we get for a one on one day! She is a busy gal works as a Labor Delivery RN at the local hospital. I didn't get a photo of us doing our "thing". But....after our son returned from a very successful salmon fishing trip on the Klamath River w/a friend he asked that I smoke and can the "Catch"! So..of course how could I refuse. Here are the results in photos ! Whew....it sure was worth staying up until late one night for a second load in the smoker. But...I am exhausted!! Mmm.... where does all that energy go I used to have! It sure tasted good! The whole house still carries the delicious aroma! DS said when he came to help pack the jars full:"Mom, this is a 3 way split"! I didn't argue w/that! Of course then it was "tasting time"!

No comments: