Tuesday, May 05, 2009

A Jacket Challenge!

I have had this jacket pattern and the fabric "buried" in my "to do" stack for over a year or more !! So...with not a thing to do (can you hear the laughing!!) I cleared "the deck" and got to work. It has been a while since I did any "clothes sewing". I have changed some of the pattern's rules several times! The leaves just begged for some "thread play". Click on images to see up close! So I dug into my thread stash and went to it! The sleeves were a bit of a challenge but hopefully when they are connected to their spot the "oops" won't be noticed! There is muslin backing and then the lining will be the last challenge . I am using Slovy to support the thread play on top of the muslin. Stay tuned for future updates.