Friday, August 31, 2007

SHOW TIME!! UPDATE!!!!


OMG, I could not believe it!!!

If you have been a "fan" of my posts, you know that I have been working on this quilt since early March. Now is it "show time". I entered it in the local county fair, which is this Labor Day weekend! Lucky me!!! The judge gave my "Under The Rainbow" a Blue Ribbon and Best of Show in Traditional Bed Quilts!!!! (they are pinned to the quilt) As if the 1st prize Blue wasn't great enough I won $50.00 from a local fabric store who sponsored that category!!! When I started this project I was not "in love" w/it!!! As it progressed along in construction of the borders, I developed a fondness for it! Then when my personal long arm quilter, Marian, finished I really started to enjoy it! After I put the binding on then it won me over! ;0)

Here is a update as of today September 3. This morning I went to the fairground to pickup my quilts and when they were given to me the person (Sandy) said: "Oh, by the way you have also won the 'VIEWERS CHOICE AWARD' !!" I just went numb! Thought I was going to faint!!! Did I hear her correctly say that? Yes, I did!!! As you can see it included a $50. gift certificate from the same fabric store "Kerries"! I am overwhelmed that the fair goers gave ME that honor!! I forgot everything else that I had planned to do after I picked up my quilts and drove the 10 miles home "on a cloud"!!! DH said it didn't surprise him at all!!! I also decided that I would take the rest of the day "off"! The quilting "angel" smiled on me!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! It is a truly beautiful quilt. I know you must be very proud and rightly so. annw

Anonymous said...

Your work is stunning. I love how you seemed so surprised! I would have defintely voted for you! You are my 'best in show!' xo your favorite neice!

Leslie said...

You totally ROCK! I understand the drive home 'on a cloud'. I'm so proud of you!! You deserve it.

SuBee said...

NOW do you believe us???? You do beautiful work!!! It is well deserved, and the judges and fairgoers have excellent sense!!