Thursday, August 28, 2008

Turkey "Tales"


Agin' they roam and show up for corn "snacks". This is the gang of 4 and sometimes 5. There are other "gangs" larger than this. I go for walks to scout for their beautiful feathers that they 'drop' this time of year. It is called 'molting'. A vase of them is quite impressive as "art"! The ones in the center back are the tail feathers, the stripped "bars" are their wings ones. The others are from who knows, chest,underneathe places. They don't drop them all in one spot. It is a adventure hunting for them. I'd like to incorporate these 'finds' in a wall hanging or something artsy! That is going to take some creative pondering for a while! They are here and there along the way up and down our creekside. They stay close to the shady trees that line the creek banks on both sides. They do wander in the field getting from their fav's spots to eat, bugs, who knows what. We never lose our amazment for them and enjoy them always. I just love sharing these photos as I image the average person would not know how these wild birds live and look. My 15 year old DGD asked me if we would have one for T-day. I said "no, I want the one with the "popup" temperature thingy!!! These don't have that" We had a laugh together! Hope you enjoy this nature show!

No comments: