Monday, November 13, 2006

Quilt Guild Happenings


I am really getting excited already for the Ladies of the Lake Quilt Guilds (llqg.org) 2007 Falling Leaves Quilt Show. It is always the first weekend in October! We had a quilt show committee meeting today and we are committed to having as wonderful a show has we had this year! The entry's were up over 200 and the attendance this year far surpassed the 2005 show. I am secretary of the guild and have learned so much from my "sister guild quilters" !
This seemed like fun to read on others blogs and so I wanted to share my "done that,been there" also! I am only going to post 10 this time. (Learned that from another quilter blog)

1. Taken a quilting class.
2.Paper Pieced!
3. Hand quilted!
4.Gone on quilt retreat!
5.Made a baby quilt!
6.Made a wall hanging!
7.Made fabric postcards!
8.Mailed out the postcards!
9.Made a lap quilt.
10.Made a full size quilt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a great show. I had never had a quilt judged before and it was a good experience. Since the Marin show has ceased, there is no other judged show in our area. Maybe you can play up the "judged" portion and get even more entries. Glad it will be on again next year. Happy quilting! annw