Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sun Bonnet Sue and the Last Rose of Summer!












I just realized that the story that went along w/these photo were "dumped"! Geez whiz. Well, I will try and tell the story again. I was wandering around in the garden soaking up the colors of the birches,walnut and sycamore trees and trying to decide what was I going to use as a "prop" for the up coming "Crayon Quilt Workshop" at the llqg . God listens in the garden, at least in our garden! I later visited a quilty friend and she said she was using a transfer Sue as a project for dishtowels.....duh.....I had some also.. where were they? When I returned home I opened a "stash" cupboard" and my hand went right to the "to do" box! There was Sue and Mother! I practiced on a "chicken" tracing and coloring at the workshop. (Nope....you can't see it yet!) I have not colored for years. Staying in the lines is a real challenge! A few days later a couple of friends came over for a "sew day" and we each worked on different projects. So...this is what I have done so far. I hope to make a lapper. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

quiltpixie said...

The transfers coloured up very well. I have a few fabric crayons around, but have never tried using them. Was it hard?

SuBee said...

Hey Rosy! Those came out great! Love the pics -- hugs!