Friday, March 28, 2008

Penny's Purse



Shhhh....don't tell! Our second daughter will be celebrating her "50th" in a couple weeks!!! Eeek! (She looks 16...still!) Well, almost! Same size anyway!
She likes to receive handmade items from Mom!
Sooo....last fall when she saw my own leafy purse I made...she requested I make her one in black. Of course I told her I wasn't sure if I could do it again successfully. I had fun doing this one as I could take my time and look for just the right fabric colors in batiks. I did learn a valuable lesson on selecting the beads to attach to the front of the purse. I thought I had chosen black ones! When the purse was finished I accidentally was holding it up and the light caught the beads "just right" and reveled them to be blue!!! But, ya can't really tell it! So....next time I buy any beads I was advised by my "quilty friends"to take them outside to "checkout" the true colors !!! The ballpoint pen in the purse is a really old papermate that DH contributed from his vast collection of odd and interesting out of date pens and pencils. I'll fill the inside w/"fun girl stuff" and of course a "few pennies" to spend . She is a wonderful daughter . Click on photos for closeups!


2 comments:

SuBee said...

Very nice!! That reminds me - has my adoption gone thru yet? LOL!

Leslie said...

A very lucky daughter indeed. :)