Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Winnah!



Good Friday was really good to me. I picked up my winnings from a LLQG http://llqg.org/ quilter friend that went to pick up her basket and mine.
Can you see how full this basket is? Wow, I could hardly carrry it! I was so lucky! This is a quiltaholic's dream basket! 8 yards of fabric,patterns, threads, so many little neat "sewing toys"! A pin by artist Jim Shore! I spent an hour at least unwrapping it! Caressing the fabrics reading the pattern books. The Yuba Valley Quilt Guild really knows how to fill those baskets.
I would guess it could be valued at $100! I need to correct my last blog about the wonderful work that was done by Jody. It was not handquilted, it was machine done. I don't know how that word got transposed! Her motto is: "When I learned to quilt....I forgot how to cook!" Don't we all wish that! Well, tomorrow I will start preparing the Easter Feast for Sunday!

3 comments:

Donna said...

What a basket! It's huge! great to have new fabrics, toys and ideas for the long weekend ;-)

SuBee said...

You lucky girl! I'll be right over......well, maybe I'll just go back to sleep for a minute.
I'm about ready for a sew day - you?

Leslie said...

Who says grown-ups are too old for Easter baskets? You received the perfect one. I see something called an Essential Organizer in there, is that someone that comes and sorts your stash for you??