Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rockin' Rooster


The heat here has been anywhere from 100*to 110*. The low temps hover around 60*,I kid you not. The smoke from the wild fires has returned and I am not in the mood for any of it!!! I need to concentrate on finishing my entries for our FLQS quilt show in October and the county fair on Labor Day Wkend!!! Every ceiling fan is on 24/7. So, mornings are better to put the pedal down and sew! I bought the pattern several months ago and cannot believe that I am actually using it! Usually patterns have to have at least a year in the "box" to get to the cutting table! I have wanted to create my version of a scrappy bird and so have gotten this far. I know,I know, he doesn't have a eye yet. I haven't decided yet on that look! It has to be "just right"!!! I'm thinking glitzy! This was a "fly-by-the-seat-of my-pants" creation. I saw a t.v. show recently on using your sewing machine twin needles. Yikkes, in ten years,I have never even gotten that needle package open. So, no better time to try it. Well, it was fun. See, what you think! I am open to suggestions!

P.S. The father robin and 2 babies showed up today, wanting strawberries!

4 comments:

Donna said...

your rooster is great! Have you thought of making some tail feathers loose? -- I wonder if adding a 3D bit like that would make him even funkier :-)

SuBee said...

Oh my gosh Rosie - I love him!! Are you going to bring him and his flock over to play next weekend?

Leslie said...

You go girl! That twin needle skill is cool. I think I tried it once. Tell us all about it at Sew day, kay?

Connie said...

He's fabulous already and he doesn't even have an eye! Would love to see it again when you finish. Hope you post a pic.