Friday, July 11, 2008

Shelf Sitters!!!



Here they are!!! Top row: Steve Spool,Tim Thimble,2nd row: Debbie Dress Form,Ben Bolt, Su Scissors,3rd row:Patti Pincushion,Betty Button and Jack in the Sew Box! !

My friend at Pieces of Time, celebrated her 200Th post by having her GD Madeline drawing a name of those who commented on her blog that day and these adorable little gals and guys were the prize! Well, lucky me!!! I have to admit I only expected to receive one of them! When she hand delivered a good size box to me, at our guild meeting, w/these "cuddled" inside, I was so excited! Of course I had to open it up and show them off. They are looking down on my cutting table. So, I have to do everything right or they will start chattering at me !!!! I knew right away how I would display them. The blue/white pear pin cushion was also made last year by my generous friend! At guild we have a freebie table and last year some nice person put a maple colored 1960's era spice rack on it. I took it home as I just knew someday I would need it!!! I asked DH to remove the little dowels that go across each shelf and the next thing I knew he had it sanded and painted it the white I said I wanted!!! Then he said: "Where do you want it hung?" Done!!! Hope you can click on the photo and take a good look at these!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice blog. I like it!

Donna said...

those shelf sitters are wonderful, and the shelf a perfect spot for them....

Connie said...

I just love your sitters. They just make you happy looking at them.