Saturday, June 05, 2010

Mystery Quilt



I am participating in a Mystery Quilt adventure presented by a small quilt guild that I belong to called "Konocti Quilters" ! I have never made a mystery quilt before, actually anything I make is a "mystery" before it is finished!!! We were giving ONE clue a month.(arrg)..first choose the fabrics!!! I dashed down to our local fabric "den" and found the colors that I had in mind, according to the directions!!! When I saw this line of fabrics it "hollered" out to me immediately! I wanted the border to be as special as the blocks, without a lot of piecing. I "fussy cut" the chosen border fabric and it paid off . Then mitered the corners. I was honored at the last guild meeting when those of us that had finished our tops show them and then all the members voted (by ballots) which was their favorite and guess what , it was a unanimous vote for my top! Stay tuned for the "rest of the story" when it is really finished! Click on the photo to get a better view.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

It's a winner, great job!

becciesworld said...

Nice, I like the colors and the pattern. I've done a mystery quilt at my local quilt shop, and loved it so much, I signed up for the next one (October 2011). By signing up at the last challenge I get to pick my own fabrics next time. Can't wait.

radhe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.