Sunday, February 17, 2008

FabricArtPostcard



Saturday was a "somuchfunday" at our LLQG llqg.org "Skills Day". Our "resident" expert Leslie piecefulmoments.blog.com
gave us instructions on making the FAP's. We had a potluck lunch and sewed the day away and came away with some really neat FAP's. This is my creation. The background is a scrap of DH's jeans and I fussy cut the rest . I did a blind hem stitch around them and scribbled a "rope" effect outlining them. To keep the relaxed look I "pinked" the edges and then just overcast one time around. I backed it w/plain muslin for the message area.

I am on a "roll". This is addictive...(the good kind!)


2 comments:

Donna said...

great fap1 I've never tried even a single row of overcast when I pink the edges -- I either satin stitch a straight edge or straight stitch inside a pinked edge... may need to give your idea a try as I love the effect ;-)

SuBee said...

Rosie!! What a great look, I love that! You are so creative! I have to try that -- in fact, I have to borrow your entire design, it's too perfect. What a nice day!