Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines Cream Puffs















Hope your "V"day was special! As I wrote in my "V" day blog I was trying a new dessert! NO ONE ever told me that you needed muscles to make Cream Puffs. I followed the directions in the receipe and when it came to beating the mix w/a wooden spoon I about quit and wanted to throw the whole thing out! I also didn't expect to have the pile of unused dough from the inside of the "puff" that made room for the filling. But, I perservered and you can see the results. Then afterward I asked myself how come I didn't use my wonderful Kitchen Aid mixer. I think the name implies alot at this feat.....AID! But, when I make a new receipe for the first I follow the directions. Then after that I will improvise if I think of a easier way or taste better or both!!!! So....my only regret is I didn't use real whipping cream to make the filling. Or at least wait until just before we ate them to fill them w/the "sqirt canned whip cream"....it lost its "whip" by the time we ate them. I did put them in the refrigerator to keep them cold. DH was thrilled anyway and so ended a great day, with great eats and another cooking lesson learned! I love a challenge!!!! Where is that Rachel Ray w/her 30 min. tips!!! LOL I think I'd better get back to sewing. Tomorrow is gonna be a fun sew day w/LLQG llqg.org .
We are going to make FAP's! I need to get the car packed up!!!!


3 comments:

Donna said...

look yummy! Like you I like to try a recipe once before improvising -- I'm just not quite so diligent and successful at restraining myself! :-)

Anonymous said...

Franny says;
How come you never make me any goodies when I visit. Those look delicious. We cook like our mother did. Try it first, then adjust to our liking.
They look delicious.
They are probably Johnnys favorites.

Anonymous said...

Franny says;
How come you never make me any goodies when I visit. Those look delicious. We cook like our mother did. Try it first, then adjust to our liking.
They look delicious.
They are probably Johnnys favorites.